Project S-Print is an international monitoring system on the security printing industry and suppliers, mind including the verification of second-hand intaglio machines, security printing equipment and suspicious purchase orders.
The objective of the project is to reduce the crime of currency counterfeiting and altered security documents by preventing the necessary production materials and supplies from reaching the counterfeiters.
- Help establish new national monitoring systems and assist existing ones;
- Prevent criminals from sourcing raw materials that could be used to counterfeit genuine currency and security documents;
- Minimize the risk of misuse of Intaglio Machines;
Our ultimate goal is to combat currency counterfeiting world wide.
The following checklist is intended to help suppliers of printing materials identify orders that could be related to the manufacture of banknotes or identity documents.
Are any of these features present in the order?
- Cash purchases;
- Unverified residential addresses;
- Personal collections;
- Industrial equipment/supplies going to residential addresses;
- Urgency of supplies;
- Receipts/invoices not requested;
- No contract requested for repairs/servicing